Before using, some things to know if:
- User fully accepts the risks on his device
- The official warranty may disappear due to unlocking the bootloader (UBL)
- Device must be in an unlock bootloader (UBL) state to access Recovery
- Data on the device will be completely erased if you manage to unlock the bootloader, so be sure to back up the important data.
- Users are prohibited from spamming chats to NusantaraProject maintainers
Each device has a different install guide. Because the system used is different from the others, we recommend joining a telegram group that matches the device used.
However, in general, there are some general things to know, such as:
- Make sure the device has successfully unlocked bootloader (UBL)
- Flash/Install File Recovery like TWRP, AOSP Recovery, OrangeFox Recovery, etc. via terminal on your computer/laptop
- Download the NusantaraROM file that suits your device
- (Optional) If downloading Vanilla variant files (Non-GApps), make sure you have downloaded GApps files such as OpenGApps, NikGApps, FlameGApps, BitGApps, etc. according to the downloaded android version
- (Optional) If you want to unlock some restrictions or customization tweaks, it is recommended to flash/install magisk files.
ROMs sourced from the Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) are safe. Security can be risky for users if allowing root access and installing obscure modules.
No. We make these works for everyone, just like our tagline, From Nusantara for Everyone. So, the claims from some users are particularly good for performance, it's just the assessment of each user. Because there are no definite things that prove NusantaraROM is specifically for gaming.
Vanilla is a build that runs without google services and users can choose custom google or microG services. While GApps is a ready-to-use build that has Google services installed.
EOL (End of Life) is the last version of Android 10 and won't get an update unless the maintainer wants to update it.
eLTS (extended Long Term Support) is a version of Android 11 that is still getting a minor update support extension from the maintainer.
LTS (Long Term Support) is a version of Android 12 that is still actively getting regular updates from the maintainer.
There are only two possibilities. First, your device does not support opening system sources via bootloader. And we don't have a maintainer taking care of that device model yet.
You can report the bug to our Community Group or to the group of devices that support ROMs from NusantaraProject. Don't forget to provide information on the device used along with photo / screen record / video / logcat attachments when reporting.